You are here
If you are attracted to Centering Prayer and the contemplative dimension of Christian teachings and practices and don’t know where to begin, you may find these suggestions useful. Pray for guidance, discernment and wisdom, that you may be clearly guided and drawn by God's will for you.
- Read Thomas Keating’s book, Open Mind, Open Heart.
- To learn the method of Centering Prayer, you may first read the Centering Prayer brochure and then choose one of these options:
(1) take an Introduction to Centering Prayer workshop. Search the online calendar or visit these local websites to see if a workshop is planned near you;
(2) take an online course or
(3) use the in-home training package.
- Attend a local Centering Prayer support group to support your daily Centering Prayer practice and your growing relationship with God and others practitioners. Find a local prayer group by visiting these local websites.
- Practice Centering Prayer for a minimum of 20 minutes, twice each day, with the intention of deepening your relationship with God.
- Use the free Centering Prayer mobile app timer to support your daily prayer practice. The app is available for iOS and Android mobile devices and is also available in Spanish-language versions. You can find the app by searching "Centering Prayer" in any of the mobile app stores.
- There are four free Centering Prayer Online contemplative communities for those interested in learning Centering Prayer and for those already practicing it. Learn More...